Zillow Group, or simply Zillow, is an online real estate database company that was founded in 2006 and created by Rich Barton and Lloyd Frink, former Microsoft executives and founders of Microsoft spin-off Expedia.
Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, United States.
Zillow Business model
www.zillow.com has stated its website and it is a media company that generates the revenue by selling the advertising. In the year, April 2009, Zillow announced a partnership to lend its real estate search engine to the websites of more than 180 United States newspapers as a part of the Zillow Newspaper Consortium. In February 2011, Zillow and Yahoo! Real Estate launched an exclusive partnership creating the largest real-estate advertising network on the web, according to comScore Media Metrix.
- As the terms of the deal were not disclosed publicly, which was in the year April 2011 Zillow com acquired Postlets, an online real estate listing creation and distribution platform.
- In November 2011, Zillow acquired Diverse Solutions for $7.8 million.
- In May 2012, Zillow rentals also acquired the RentJuice, which is a software-as-a-service company, allows landlords and property managers to market and lease their rental properties through a set of online tools. It was acquired as RentJuice which was for $40 million.
- On October 31st in the year 2012, Zillow acquires the real estate shopping and collaboration platform, Buyfolio.
- NE based mortgage technology company Mortech which was for $17 million on 5th November 2012 and Zillow acquired
- On November 26, 2012, Zillow acquired HotPads for $16 million. Real estate and the rental listings on the map-based web interfaces are founded in the year 2005 which was HotPads.
- In the year August 19th of 2013, Zillow also acquired the StreetEasy for $50 million.
- Zillow also acquired its Retsly on 16th of July 2014, which is a Vancouver, and based on B.C- the startup that helps developer’s access to its real-estate data from multiple listing services (MLS).
- In the year 2014 on 28th July, Zillow announced a deal to buyTrulia which was for $3.5 billion.
- $108 million of Zillow announced that it would acquireDotloop on the year July 22nd of 2015.
- On 3rd January 2016, Zillow has to announce and it would acquireNaked Apartments which is for $13 million.
www Zillow com provide best Mortgage Calculator for its customers as well as visitors, Zillow has its data on homes across the United States which were of 110 million, those homes of the currently for sale. In addition to the given values that is to estimate the homes, and that it offers several features including value changes of each home in a given time frame (such as of one, five, or 10 years) in the area that aerial the views of homes, with the prices of comparable homes. Where it can access appropriate public data, it also provides basic information on a given home, such as square footage and the number of bedrooms and bathrooms. Users can also get the current estimates of the homes if there was a sign of the change made that is made and such recently remodeled kitchen. Zillow provides an application programming interface (API) and developer support network.
In the year December 2006, when Zillow was launched to its three new pieces of functionality: allowing the users to post homes for sale and to set a “Make Me Move” price (an informal way to pre-market a home), as well as a real estate wiki. Zillow in the year 2006 has teamed with Microsoft that to offer Bird’s Eye View, that is a feature in Microsoft Virtual Earth, that shows (in certain areas) clearer aerial photographs which are taken from the airplanes rather than of the satellite imagery. Zillow uses this functionality for entertainment-focused features on famous homes.
Zillow in the year 2009 of December expanded its services to include the rental market. The addition of rental listings enabled users to list a home for rent and search for both rental homes and homes for sale.
In late 2013, Zillow began powering AOL Real Estate. In July 2014, Zillow also took over the real estate portal for MSN Real Estate.
#Zillow launched Zillow Advice, was given in the year 2008 on 16th December which allows the people to ask real estate questions online and get answers from the Web site’s community of experts, Zillow subsidiary #Trulia .
THE CULTURE. The company takes care of their people. It’s not just a thing that they say either, they really do. From fantastic benefits to the constant availability of snacks and food, they really want their people to be happy (happy employees make good employees). They go above and beyond what they need to be doing to ensure that everyone has a good working environment. I’ve only ever met really great people in management, and they really are, not only open to but encouraging of movement and growth. They want you to explore different roles in the company and keep learning. Work life balance is great, I don’t feel like I have to take work home or stay later than I’m supposed to.
Leadership is exceptional — smart, strategic, genuinely care about their teams and the mission of the organization.
The people here are unlike anywhere else.Talk to Zillow and the former and they will all say their favorite part of working here is the people. The real deal and the great friends came from the working and the folks have incredible integrity, creative vision, and strategic chops. Some of my best friends came from working here and we still stay in weekly contact.
The mission is incredible — helping Americans find a place to live. It’s one of the basic necessities of life and truly rewarding.